A new survey of lawyers who practice in Philadelphia reveals that almost half - 45 percent - live within city limits and 30.3 percent are women (see story). The Philadelphia Bar Association survey of 340 attorneys - released last week - also found that lawyers eat out five times a week and 60 percent regularly do pro bono work. The survey establishes empirically what’s generally known about the legal profession in Philadelphia; law firms and their lawyers and support staff are a vital and productive component of the local economy and they also contribute significantly to civic life.
Monday, October 03, 2005
- A Smoke Filled Room
- Above Average Jane
- Akkam's Razor
- All for the Taking
- Boundless Philadelphia
- East Falls Development Corporation
- Greater Philadelphia Sustainable Business Network
- Kiko's House
- Mere Cat
- Our Green Cities
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia Bicycle News
- Philadelphia is My Home
- Philly Future
- Pound for Pound
- The Next American City
- The Tattered Coat
- Young Philly Politics
- ► 2007 (110)
- ► 2006 (196)
- Climate Mash
- The Greening of Philadelphia
- Our Leaves are Better & Bigger than Your Leaves
- Stop Pay-to-Play: Vote "Yes" on Charter Change Nov...
- South Jersey Ad Agency Leaving Suburbia for Center...
- Minimal Disclosure Standards for Political Polling...
- Condomania Comes to East Falls
- Random Environmental Factoid: The Marines and Soy ...
- Are More Alternative Fuel Vehicles in Philadelphia...
- Council Action on Proposed PGW Rate Hike
- Philadelphia Lawyers
- ▼ October (12)