PennFuture is embarking on a project that Philadelphia desperately needs. The working title is “Building Philadelphia’s Future” and the concept is to formulate an action plan that focuses on quality of life issues that intersect with environmental/sustainability concepts. Philadelphia is unique among large American cities in that it doesn’t provide structured local government support for the advancement of environmental/sustainability issues. No pedestrian coordinator, no bicycle coordinator, no office of environmental sustainability (or similar function), no City-sanctioned environmental commission. Heck, currently we don’t even have a recycling coordinator. The action plan will promote changes to Philadelphia governmental structures, ordinances, and policies that will result in a cleaner, healthier City. For more information and to be involved in the development of the action plan, contact Christine Knapp at PennFuture at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, October 30, 2005
- A Smoke Filled Room
- Above Average Jane
- Akkam's Razor
- All for the Taking
- Boundless Philadelphia
- East Falls Development Corporation
- Greater Philadelphia Sustainable Business Network
- Kiko's House
- Mere Cat
- Our Green Cities
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia Bicycle News
- Philadelphia is My Home
- Philly Future
- Pound for Pound
- The Next American City
- The Tattered Coat
- Young Philly Politics
- ► 2007 (110)
- ► 2006 (196)
- Climate Mash
- The Greening of Philadelphia
- Our Leaves are Better & Bigger than Your Leaves
- Stop Pay-to-Play: Vote "Yes" on Charter Change Nov...
- South Jersey Ad Agency Leaving Suburbia for Center...
- Minimal Disclosure Standards for Political Polling...
- Condomania Comes to East Falls
- Random Environmental Factoid: The Marines and Soy ...
- Are More Alternative Fuel Vehicles in Philadelphia...
- Council Action on Proposed PGW Rate Hike
- Philadelphia Lawyers
- ▼ October (12)