According to the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, the average vegetable travels almost 1,500 miles from farm to grocery store. That's nearly 30 times the distance of foods purchased from local farms. Here's a great idea; visit a farmers' market. Fresher food that's easier on the planet.
Friday, August 10, 2007
- A Smoke Filled Room
- Above Average Jane
- Akkam's Razor
- All for the Taking
- Boundless Philadelphia
- East Falls Development Corporation
- Greater Philadelphia Sustainable Business Network
- Kiko's House
- Mere Cat
- Our Green Cities
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia Bicycle News
- Philadelphia is My Home
- Philly Future
- Pound for Pound
- The Next American City
- The Tattered Coat
- Young Philly Politics
- Why Mike Nutter Won the Democratic Primary
- Michael Bloomberg: Flexibility is Overrated
- Al Gore & New Orleans
- Green Fest Philly
- Grand Central Station for Al Gore News
- Pennsylvania for Gore
- Current TV
- Al Gore for President?
- Friday Agricultural Factoid: Just Peachy
- Mike Nutter's Visit to Chicago
- Is the Phantatic a Vegan?
- Starbucks, meet Saxbys
- Friday Agricultural Factoid
- Pet Adoptions Up in Philadelphia
- Friday Agricultural Factoid: A Few Days Late
- PhillyCarShare + Bicycles = Velib'
- Annapolis Promotes Scooters and Bikes
- Cherry Street is Dead, Long Live Cherry Street (Su...
- ▼ August (18)
- ► 2006 (196)
- ► 2005 (219)