Found this definition on Wikipedia: "A primate city is a major city that works as the financial, political, and population center of a country and is not rivaled in any of these aspects by any other city in that country. Normally, a primate city must be at least twice as populous as the second largest city in the country. The presence of a primate city in a country usually indicates an imbalance in development — usually a progressive core, and a lagging periphery, on which the primate city depends for labor and other resources."
Monday, July 16, 2007
- A Smoke Filled Room
- Above Average Jane
- Akkam's Razor
- All for the Taking
- Boundless Philadelphia
- East Falls Development Corporation
- Greater Philadelphia Sustainable Business Network
- Kiko's House
- Mere Cat
- Our Green Cities
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia Bicycle News
- Philadelphia is My Home
- Philly Future
- Pound for Pound
- The Next American City
- The Tattered Coat
- Young Philly Politics
- The Pawnshop Roses
- Friday Agricultural Factoid: Random Definition Edi...
- Seattle Expands its Recycling Program
- Pennsylvania Employment is Strong
- Friday Agricultural Factoid
- The Philadelphia Navy Yard
- PhillyCarShare Announces Transit Reimbursement Policy
- I Care What Celebrities Think!
- A Primate City?
- Friday Agriculture Factoid: All is Fair in Love an...
- Plastics Bags Begone!
- Friday Agricultural Factoid: Many Days Late
- What's Your Favorite City?
- Why Don’t We Do This In Philadelphia?
- Philly is on the Verge
- Friday Agricultural Factoid: Pennsylvania is Amusing
- The Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
- The Philadelphia Runner Track Club
- ▼ July (18)
- ► 2006 (196)
- ► 2005 (219)