Pennsylvania added 900 new jobs last month (net), which pushed the Commonwealth's employment to a record 5,799,400 jobs. The Commonwealth's "seasonally adjusted civilian labor force" - the number of people working or looking for work - also rose last month by 38,000 to 6,296,000. Pennsylvania's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate fell a tenth of a percentage point from May to 4.1 percent last month. According to Governor Rendell, service-producing industries continued to account for all of the job growth, adding a total of 2,500 jobs last month. Professional and business services and government, the only sectors showing significant growth, added 1,500 and 1,600 jobs respectively last month. The total number of jobs in the state have increased in 11 of the past 12 months, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry reported. Pennsylvania has added 49,900 jobs since June 2006.
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
- A Smoke Filled Room
- Above Average Jane
- Akkam's Razor
- All for the Taking
- Boundless Philadelphia
- East Falls Development Corporation
- Greater Philadelphia Sustainable Business Network
- Kiko's House
- Mere Cat
- Our Green Cities
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia Bicycle News
- Philadelphia is My Home
- Philly Future
- Pound for Pound
- The Next American City
- The Tattered Coat
- Young Philly Politics
- The Pawnshop Roses
- Friday Agricultural Factoid: Random Definition Edi...
- Seattle Expands its Recycling Program
- Pennsylvania Employment is Strong
- Friday Agricultural Factoid
- The Philadelphia Navy Yard
- PhillyCarShare Announces Transit Reimbursement Pol...
- I Care What Celebrities Think!
- A Primate City?
- Friday Agriculture Factoid: All is Fair in Love an...
- Plastics Bags Begone!
- Friday Agricultural Factoid: Many Days Late
- What's Your Favorite City?
- Why Don’t We Do This In Philadelphia?
- Philly is on the Verge
- Friday Agricultural Factoid: Pennsylvania is Amusi...
- The Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
- The Philadelphia Runner Track Club
- ▼ July (18)
- ► 2006 (196)
- ► 2005 (219)