According to PennFuture, Pennsylvania will soon host its sixth utility-scale wind farm. Community Energy, Inc. is developing a new 12-turbine wind farm currently under construction in Bear Creek, Pennsylvania, just 10 miles southeast of Wilkes-Barre in Luzerne County. After completion in the Spring of 2006, the Bear Creek project will include 12 Gamesa two MW wind turbines, each standing nearly 400 feet tall. The project will produce enough energy to power approximately 8,500 homes.
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
- A Smoke Filled Room
- Above Average Jane
- Akkam's Razor
- All for the Taking
- Boundless Philadelphia
- East Falls Development Corporation
- Greater Philadelphia Sustainable Business Network
- Kiko's House
- Mere Cat
- Our Green Cities
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia Bicycle News
- Philadelphia is My Home
- Philly Future
- Pound for Pound
- The Next American City
- The Tattered Coat
- Young Philly Politics
- ► 2007 (110)
- The Bush Propaganda Machine
- Two Philadelphia Business Schools Do Well In Ranki...
- An Independent Ethics Board: Coming Soon?
- Green Power!
- PA's Agriculture Industry: There's a lot of it
- Something for the Commonwealth to Consider?
- New York Discounter Coming to Chestnut Street
- Ex-Mayor on Trial for Corruption
- Lynn Swann will Revert Back to an Ugly Ducking on ...
- Trump Coming to the Waterfront
- More Center City Condos
- Philadelphia Cruise Business Continues Growth
- A Right Winger for Gay Marriage
- SDP Building Receives Honors
- I'm Worried About the Groundhog
- November Good Month for Center City Hotels
- Pennsylvania's Alt. Fuel Industry Expands
- Brandywine Realty Trust
- Boyd Theater Update
- Montana Comes to Pennsylvania
- The Pennsylvania Farm Show
- Recycling saves the Commonwealth Serious Money
- ▼ January (22)
- ► 2005 (219)