Temple University produces a bit more than $1 of every $100 generated in the five Pennsylvania counties in the Philadelphia Metropolitan Statistical Area, according to a recent report (see story). The University annually generates $2.7 billion and creates 17,818 full- and part-time jobs in the five-county region. The economic activity produced by Temple results from the direct and indirect effects of its spending on operations and construction, plus the direct and indirect effects of spending by Temple employees, students and visitors.
Friday, July 29, 2005
- A Smoke Filled Room
- Above Average Jane
- Akkam's Razor
- All for the Taking
- Boundless Philadelphia
- East Falls Development Corporation
- Greater Philadelphia Sustainable Business Network
- Kiko's House
- Mere Cat
- Our Green Cities
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia Bicycle News
- Philadelphia is My Home
- Philly Future
- Pound for Pound
- The Next American City
- The Tattered Coat
- Young Philly Politics
- ► 2007 (110)
- ► 2006 (196)
- FDIC report says Philadelphia is one of 55 housing...
- Temple University: The Owl that Could
- Sports Complex Skyway?
- The Next Police Commissioner Ascends?
- Philadelphia Utility Work: Better Coordination
- City Year Positions
- Friedman, Out!
- Suburban Boomers Become Center City Roomers
- Center City Hotels Did Well in May
- Blue Future PAC
- Schuylkill River Skatepark: Coming Along
- Philadelphia Law Firms: Nationally Competitive
- RecycleBank to Make Live 8 Environmentally Friendl...
- ▼ July (13)