The Delaware River Port Authority (“DRPA”) is contemplating various transit enhancements, including two options with direct implications for Center City. One alternative would create new trolley/electric streetcar service originating at PATCO’s Franklin Square Station (currently moth-balled) to Spring Garden Street and Pier 70 along Delaware Avenue. Service could be extended to the burgeoning Navy Yard complex and stadia in South Philadelphia. Another possibility would extend SEPTA’s Subway/Surface light rail system underground along Market Street to Delaware Avenue with service extending north to Spring Garden Street and south to the Pier 70 shopping plaza. Service could be extended to the Navy Yard complex and stadia in South Philadelphia.
Monday, March 14, 2005
- A Smoke Filled Room
- Above Average Jane
- Akkam's Razor
- All for the Taking
- Boundless Philadelphia
- East Falls Development Corporation
- Greater Philadelphia Sustainable Business Network
- Kiko's House
- Mere Cat
- Our Green Cities
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia Bicycle News
- Philadelphia is My Home
- Philly Future
- Pound for Pound
- The Next American City
- The Tattered Coat
- Young Philly Politics
- ► 2007 (110)
- ► 2006 (196)
- Economic Development in North Philadelphia
- They'd Rather Fly From Philly
- Philadelphia Airport Gets an "A"
- Most Sportsmanlike: Philadelphia School District A...
- Don't be Sad, the House of Blues Found a Home in C...
- Biomass Exporter Opens Philadelphia Port Facility
- Planning Commission Executive Director to Step Dow...
- No Retreat, No Surrender
- $100 Million Mixed-Used Project Slated for Univers...
- University City: A Neighborhood Ascends
- College Students Love Pennsylvania
- Condo-mania in Philadelphia
- A Vision for Enhanced Rail Transit in Philadelphia...
- Philadelphia's Aspiring Class
- Another Philadelphia Hidden Treasure: Settlement M...
- Philadelphia School District: Pursuing Excellence
- Another Center City Office Tower Planned
- Symphony House Sales Hit a High Note
- PA Democrats - Growin' Up
- Philadelphia Chamber Supports Smoking Ban
- Philadelphia Phlash Returns for the Season
- Temple Womens Basketball: Best in the Region
- Former Green Party Candidate for Governor to Try O...
- Innovative Blogger Networking Site: Bloggers Marke...
- Philadelphia Higher Education Network for Neighbor...
- Excessive Fragmentation: PA has Too Many Local Gov...
- ▼ March (26)