One bill would have virtually banned smoking in public places. The other would have prohibited campaign contributors from getting no bid City contracts (see story). Both didn’t move forward last week in Council. The first didn’t go to a vote and was held and the other was narrowly defeated – by just one vote. Will these setbacks dissuade Councilman Michael Nutter, the bills’ legislative shepherd? Nope. Said the Councilman, "I'm tenacious. I don't just drop issues, and these issues won't go away." Councilman Nutter has faced the mountain before and climbed to the top. You can thank him for the Police Advisory and Tax Reform Commissions. Don’t think he and his allies on Council can do it? AHT does. AHT believes. AHT has higher expectations for this City and believes that our best days – and a government to complement them – are ahead of us. Do you want to do something about it? Send a fax to City Council - via Hallwatch - and let them know where you stand.
Saturday, March 19, 2005
- A Smoke Filled Room
- Above Average Jane
- Akkam's Razor
- All for the Taking
- Boundless Philadelphia
- East Falls Development Corporation
- Greater Philadelphia Sustainable Business Network
- Kiko's House
- Mere Cat
- Our Green Cities
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia Bicycle News
- Philadelphia is My Home
- Philly Future
- Pound for Pound
- The Next American City
- The Tattered Coat
- Young Philly Politics
- ► 2007 (110)
- ► 2006 (196)
- Economic Development in North Philadelphia
- They'd Rather Fly From Philly
- Philadelphia Airport Gets an "A"
- Most Sportsmanlike: Philadelphia School District A...
- Don't be Sad, the House of Blues Found a Home in C...
- Biomass Exporter Opens Philadelphia Port Facility
- Planning Commission Executive Director to Step Dow...
- No Retreat, No Surrender
- $100 Million Mixed-Used Project Slated for Univers...
- University City: A Neighborhood Ascends
- College Students Love Pennsylvania
- Condo-mania in Philadelphia
- A Vision for Enhanced Rail Transit in Philadelphia
- Philadelphia's Aspiring Class
- Another Philadelphia Hidden Treasure: Settlement M...
- Philadelphia School District: Pursuing Excellence
- Another Center City Office Tower Planned
- Symphony House Sales Hit a High Note
- PA Democrats - Growin' Up
- Philadelphia Chamber Supports Smoking Ban
- Philadelphia Phlash Returns for the Season
- Temple Womens Basketball: Best in the Region
- Former Green Party Candidate for Governor to Try O...
- Innovative Blogger Networking Site: Bloggers Market
- Philadelphia Higher Education Network for Neighbor...
- Excessive Fragmentation: PA has Too Many Local Gov...
- ▼ March (26)