In a show of unity evidencing a maturation that could propel the Pennsylvania Democratic Party to ascendancy, the field of strong contenders in the US Senate primary has been reduced to one. Barbara Hafer and Joe Hoeffel - both excellent politicians and admirable public servants - have put aside personal aspirations and provided Robert Casey a clear path to the nomination. AHT believes this is a good thing; the Democratic Party - nationally and in Pennsylvania - must become more ideologically diverse to win national and statewide races. Democrats also must adopt strategies that can propel them to electoral victory. Sometimes this means getting behind those who don’t pass our myriad litmus tests but can get the most votes. In contrast to Casey, AHT is unequivocally pro-choice (of the safe, legal, and rare variety) and is vehemently pro gun control; however, we believe that winning elections - this one in particular - is more important than ideological orthodoxy and a potentially divisive and costly primary.
Saturday, March 05, 2005
- A Smoke Filled Room
- Above Average Jane
- Akkam's Razor
- All for the Taking
- Boundless Philadelphia
- East Falls Development Corporation
- Greater Philadelphia Sustainable Business Network
- Kiko's House
- Mere Cat
- Our Green Cities
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia Bicycle News
- Philadelphia is My Home
- Philly Future
- Pound for Pound
- The Next American City
- The Tattered Coat
- Young Philly Politics
- ► 2007 (110)
- ► 2006 (196)
- Economic Development in North Philadelphia
- They'd Rather Fly From Philly
- Philadelphia Airport Gets an "A"
- Most Sportsmanlike: Philadelphia School District A...
- Don't be Sad, the House of Blues Found a Home in C...
- Biomass Exporter Opens Philadelphia Port Facility
- Planning Commission Executive Director to Step Dow...
- No Retreat, No Surrender
- $100 Million Mixed-Used Project Slated for Univers...
- University City: A Neighborhood Ascends
- College Students Love Pennsylvania
- Condo-mania in Philadelphia
- A Vision for Enhanced Rail Transit in Philadelphia...
- Philadelphia's Aspiring Class
- Another Philadelphia Hidden Treasure: Settlement M...
- Philadelphia School District: Pursuing Excellence
- Another Center City Office Tower Planned
- Symphony House Sales Hit a High Note
- PA Democrats - Growin' Up
- Philadelphia Chamber Supports Smoking Ban
- Philadelphia Phlash Returns for the Season
- Temple Womens Basketball: Best in the Region
- Former Green Party Candidate for Governor to Try O...
- Innovative Blogger Networking Site: Bloggers Marke...
- Philadelphia Higher Education Network for Neighbor...
- Excessive Fragmentation: PA has Too Many Local Gov...
- ▼ March (26)