The Bilenky Cycle Works in Philadelphia is a unique, entrepreneurial gem. From a non-descript location in the City’s Olney section, bicycle artisans build 100 custom bikes annually. Each bike takes about 30 hours to build. Reputation is their best advertisement, with most business coming through word of mouth. Over the last 20 years, Bilenky has created 2,000 two-wheeled masterpieces.
Saturday, November 20, 2004
- A Smoke Filled Room
- Above Average Jane
- Akkam's Razor
- All for the Taking
- Boundless Philadelphia
- East Falls Development Corporation
- Greater Philadelphia Sustainable Business Network
- Kiko's House
- Mere Cat
- Our Green Cities
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia Bicycle News
- Philadelphia is My Home
- Philly Future
- Pound for Pound
- The Next American City
- The Tattered Coat
- Young Philly Politics
- ► 2007 (110)
- ► 2006 (196)
- ► 2005 (219)
- Las Vegas on the Delaware
- Philadelphia High School Provides Shortcut to College
- Philadelphia University Breaks Ground on New Stude...
- Urban Outfitters HQ moving to Navy Yard
- eBay, what took you so long?
- Largest Philadelphia Marathon Ever
- You’re Fired; but if You’re a Political Ally’s Chi...
- Custom Made Wheels
- Committee of 70: Help Wanted
- Philadelphia's Regional Economy: "Most Improved"
- Councilman Nutter: Going Down?
- Historic Smith Playground Renovation
- Ground Broken for School of the Future
- Bowling for Yuppies
- City of Philadelphia Triathlon
- Philadelphia Construction Boom
- ▼ November (16)