According to the Pennsylvania State Data Center, information obtained through the U.S. Census Bureau's 2005 Annual Survey of State Government Tax Collections showed that tax collections in Pennsylvania totaled $27.3 billion in 2005, an increase of $1.9 billion or 7.6 percent over 2004. Since 2000, tax revenue in Pennsylvania has risen $4.8 billion, or 21.3 percent. Pennsylvanians paid an average of $2,193 to the State in 2005, slightly above the national average ($2,192) and a per capita increase of $148 from the previous year. The Commonwealth ranks 17th nationally in per capita tax revenue growth since 2000 (up $363.92 per resident), but just 30th in per capita increase last year. Total tax revenue for all states grew 9.7 percent between 2004 and 2005, and since 2000, revenue has grown by 20.2 percent.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
- A Smoke Filled Room
- Above Average Jane
- Akkam's Razor
- All for the Taking
- Boundless Philadelphia
- East Falls Development Corporation
- Greater Philadelphia Sustainable Business Network
- Kiko's House
- Mere Cat
- Our Green Cities
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia Bicycle News
- Philadelphia is My Home
- Philly Future
- Pound for Pound
- The Next American City
- The Tattered Coat
- Young Philly Politics
- ► 2007 (110)
- Pennsylvania's Job Count Reaches New Record
- Friday Agricultural Factoid
- Rendell and Pennsylvania Grow Greener
- John Dougherty: He Said, He Said
- Pennsylvania's Official Bumper Sticker Contest Und...
- The Wild, Wild East
- Judge Edward Becker Passes
- Environmental Issues are a Top Concern for Philade...
- Make Tax Competitiveness a Priority
- Tax Collection in Pennsylvania
- Vote for Ethics in Tomorrow's Election!
- IssuesPA/Pew Poll Shows Pennsylvanians Dissatisfie...
- Friday Agriculture Factoid: Two for the Price of O...
- Not so Much Turnover in the PA Leg
- Rendell Leads Swann in Latest Poll
- Voters Split on East Falls And River Slot Parlor S...
- May is Beef and Egg Month in Pennsylvania
- Friday Agriculture Factoid
- PhillyCarShare and City of Philadelphia Named Fina...
- The Autobiography Project
- Philadelphia International Airport Shows Strong Gr...
- ▼ May (21)
- ► 2005 (219)