According to the Commonwealth's Department of Agriculture, Pennsylvania is the number one state in the nation for Christmas tree farms, with 2,164. In 2003, approximately 723,000 trees were sold, generating $13.9 million in profit, ranking PA fourth in the country for revenue related to Christmas tree sales. Actually, Indiana County is often referred to as the "Christmas Tree Capital of the World."
Friday, December 09, 2005
- A Smoke Filled Room
- Above Average Jane
- Akkam's Razor
- All for the Taking
- Boundless Philadelphia
- East Falls Development Corporation
- Greater Philadelphia Sustainable Business Network
- Kiko's House
- Mere Cat
- Our Green Cities
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia Bicycle News
- Philadelphia is My Home
- Philly Future
- Pound for Pound
- The Next American City
- The Tattered Coat
- Young Philly Politics
- ► 2007 (110)
- ► 2006 (196)
- Mariano & Dougherty: Puppet and Master?
- Happy Holidays!
- Pennsylvania Agriculture Industry: More Random Fac...
- Why People Choose to Live Where they Do
- Pennsylvania Agriculture Industry Leadership: Phil...
- This is Just Cool
- More Random Facts About the Commonwealth's Agricul...
- Giving the Gift of Mean this Holiday Season
- Robert Reich: How Unequal Can America Get Before W...
- Pennslvania Agriculture Industry: Blue Chippers
- BPT and the Chamber: Let's Seek Quid Pro Quo
- We Already Knew: Downtowns are Back
- ▼ December (12)