According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is expected to soon release the first installment of land acquisition funding that will expand the Pennsylvania Convention Center’s footprint. The Commonwealth committed $632 million to the project last summer. The expansion is on schedule for a late 2008 opening, according to Councilman Michael Nutter, the chair of the Convention Center Authority.
Tuesday, May 31, 2005
- A Smoke Filled Room
- Above Average Jane
- Akkam's Razor
- All for the Taking
- Boundless Philadelphia
- East Falls Development Corporation
- Greater Philadelphia Sustainable Business Network
- Kiko's House
- Mere Cat
- Our Green Cities
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia Bicycle News
- Philadelphia is My Home
- Philly Future
- Pound for Pound
- The Next American City
- The Tattered Coat
- Young Philly Politics
- ► 2007 (110)
- ► 2006 (196)
- Philadelphians Mistrust Local Government According...
- Convention Center Expansion: Funding is on the Way...
- Montco to Develop Global Warming Strategy
- Councilman Nutter, Smokin' (actually, not smokin')...
- Cira Centre: 90% Leased
- Breaking Wind?
- I See Dead People (voting, that is)
- Zoning Bills: First Steps Toward Reform?
- High School Students from West Philadelphia Build ...
- Mayor Steps Down
- Philadelphia Film Festival Set Record
- Corruption Trial Verdicts Troubling You? Let's St...
- Cira Center is Filling Up
- Philadelphia Construction Boom: Unprecedented
- RecycleBank a “Raging Success” - Increases Residen...
- ▼ May (15)