Philadelphia Local Initiative Support Corporation (“LISC”) announced a $22 million commitment of private/public funding to Philadelphia over the next couple of years (see story). Philadelphia LISC has assisted in the development of thousands of housing units, the construction of shopping facilities and community centers, commercial corridor rejuvenation, and cultivation of Philadelphia's community development corporations’ professional capacity. Among other things, LISC gathers corporate, government and philanthropic capital to help community development corporations revitalize underserved neighborhoods.
Sunday, June 26, 2005
- A Smoke Filled Room
- Above Average Jane
- Akkam's Razor
- All for the Taking
- Boundless Philadelphia
- East Falls Development Corporation
- Greater Philadelphia Sustainable Business Network
- Kiko's House
- Mere Cat
- Our Green Cities
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia Bicycle News
- Philadelphia is My Home
- Philly Future
- Pound for Pound
- The Next American City
- The Tattered Coat
- Young Philly Politics
- ► 2007 (110)
- ► 2006 (196)
- They Like Us, They Really Like Us
- Cancer Fighting Hospital to Open in Northeast Phil...
- LISC Makes $22 Million Committment to Philadelphia
- Modern Courts Coming to Philadelphia?
- The One Great Thing About the Bush Administration ...
- Texas Developer Building 285 Luxury Rental Units i...
- The Rendell Administration: Running the Commonweal...
- Pennsylvania to take Action on Global Warming?
- Center City Hotel Occupancy and Tourism: Still Goi...
- National Council of La Raza: Philadelphia Bound
- Philadelphia School District Creates More Comprehe...
- Random Pennsylvania Factoids
- Architectural Salvage Industry in Philadelphia Exp...
- Philadelphia Art Museum: Going to the Moon
- The Emperor has no Clothes
- Fuji Bikes Pedals into Northeast Philadelphia
- ▼ June (16)