Quartermaster Plaza in South Philadelphia is the biggest new shopping center in Philadelphia. The $70 million shopping center will contain 540,000 sq. ft. of retail space and will occupy 44 acres at 2300 West Oregon Ave. The center will provide over 1,000 jobs. Stores already in business include Home Depot, Staples, BJ's Wholesale, PetSmart and A.J. Wright, as well as smaller places like EB Games, Verizon Wireless, Kicks USA, Payless Shoes, Mattress Giant and Bank of America. More stores are planned, such as Walgreens, Old Country Buffet, Foot Locker, Wendy's, Chili's and Cold Stone Creamery, which will open early next year. The bottom line; Philadelphians no longer need to leave the City to find national retailers, they’ve recognized our purchasing power and have come to us.
Monday, December 06, 2004
- A Smoke Filled Room
- Above Average Jane
- Akkam's Razor
- All for the Taking
- Boundless Philadelphia
- East Falls Development Corporation
- Greater Philadelphia Sustainable Business Network
- Kiko's House
- Mere Cat
- Our Green Cities
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia Bicycle News
- Philadelphia is My Home
- Philly Future
- Pound for Pound
- The Next American City
- The Tattered Coat
- Young Philly Politics
- ► 2007 (110)
- ► 2006 (196)
- ► 2005 (219)
- Arthur Ashe Youth Tennis and Education Center
- Mummers Parade: You've Gotta Go
- Dijya Know About: The Delaware Valley Mountain Bik...
- The Liberty Bell, Still Swell
- First United Methodist Church of Germantown: The R...
- Nutter and Kenney: The Right Stuff
- John Chaney - 1,000th Game
- Rittenhouse Square, one of the Best
- PhillyCarShare Frees 1,000 Parking Spots
- City Council Ethics Update
- $200 Million Center City Development Planned
- Philadelphia Wage Tax Reductions Coming!
- Barnes' Collection Moving to Philly
- Reconvene the Continental Congress?
- Philadelphia Super Bowl Champions!
- Councilman Cohen, Slowin'
- Water Works Restaurant Imminent
- Wharton Students Create a Program to Combat Global...
- Philadelphia First: Innovative Program to Pay Resi...
- Center City Hotel Occupancy: Strong
- Scofflaws: Your Time is Up
- Philadelphia Retail Explosion
- Taking a Bite out of the Big Apple
- Comcast's New HQ Plans: One Step Closer
- Flakey New Restaurant
- ▼ December (25)