Councilman Nutter is sponsoring an ordinance - #050950 - that would amend Chapter 17-1000 of The Philadelphia Code and is entitled "Employment of Low-And Moderate-Income Persons by City Contractors." If passed, it would require those performing work under certain construction contracts supported by City funds/financial assistance to have a percentage of construction hours performed by City of Philadelphia residents.
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
- A Smoke Filled Room
- Above Average Jane
- Akkam's Razor
- All for the Taking
- Boundless Philadelphia
- East Falls Development Corporation
- Greater Philadelphia Sustainable Business Network
- Kiko's House
- Mere Cat
- Our Green Cities
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia Bicycle News
- Philadelphia is My Home
- Philly Future
- Pound for Pound
- The Next American City
- The Tattered Coat
- Young Philly Politics
- ► 2007 (110)
- ► 2006 (196)
- Homegrown Energy Solutions from the Rendell Admini...
- Philadelphia Marathon Breaks Participation Record
- Instead of TABOR...
- Hybrid Technology for the Home
- Is PA Spending Out of Control?
- TABOR? Why Not Just Follow the Constitution?
- Turkeys in the Commonwealth: The Legislature
- Turkeys in the Commonwealth: Not the Legislature
- Ethics/Reform Movement Presses On
- Germantown Condomania
- The Benefit Bank
- University City Condomania
- The Philadelphia Public School Notebook
- Pennsylvania’s Agriculture Economy
- A Victory for Nutter and the City of Philadelphia
- Did You Know? Random PA Factoid
- Center City Hotel Occupancy Strong in September
- Comcast Center Update
- How Philly Works
- Rittenhouse Hotel Receives Honor
- New Center City Retail
- Nutter Bill would Promote Interests of Philadelphi...
- New Condo Project at Washington Square
- ▼ November (23)