Saturday, February 26, 2005

Young America PAC

Young America is a bi-partisan organization founded by a diverse group of young professionals in the Greater Philadelphia region. Their mission is to empower younger Philadelphians by organizing them and connecting them with decision-makers and organizations that shape policies affecting Philadelphia. America’s Hometown recommends joining YAPAC and/or attending one of their events; the organization provides a great forum for meeting other civic-minded Philadelphians and isn’t bad for networking either.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it should be noted it costs nothing - just sign up for their email list and they'll start inviting you to their events, so you can take or leave anything you're interested in.

Anonymous said...

I've been to some of their events - they're always a lot of fun and informative. Good stuff - I recommend YAPAC to all folks who want to get into Philly politics at the ground level and meet some new people.

ACM said...

I just can't tell what the THERE is there. I mean, anonymous said it's for people who want to "get into Philly politics at the ground level," but what are they actually doing, other than letting people meet each other? Do they have an agenda, do they initiate action, do they actually interface with the political machine at all? I've never been able to tell the answers to any of that from their website, which has kept me from being willing to give up a (rare, precious) weeknight for them...

ACM said...

For the record, after going there some more, I realized that I probably had them confused with the (more inscrutible) Young Involved Philadelphia. Both have added content to their websites recently, which helps, but I still, a day later, couldn't tell you much about either.

probably my bad.

JAF said...

I'd recommend going to either a YIP or YAPAC event to learn more. Both are great organizations.

eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Blog Archive