Liberty Property Trust will begin construction on One Pennsylvania Plaza, a 57-story, 1.2 million sq. ft. tower at 17th Street and JFK Boulevard (see story). Comcast will move their world headquarters to the facility, to be called the "Comcast Center". The project will cost $435 million and require approximately 4,500 construction workers and have a $1.4 billion economic impact on the Philadelphia region. Occupancy is expected in late 2007, with Comcast staff to grow by almost 50 percent to 1,900 at that time. Comcast was first incorporated in Pennsylvania in 1969. Comcast employs 10,000 in Pennsylvania and serves over 21 million cable television customers and more than 6 million Internet customers across the country. To the cynics who thought the project would never move forward, have a little faith in our great city.
Tuesday, January 04, 2005
- A Smoke Filled Room
- Above Average Jane
- Akkam's Razor
- All for the Taking
- Boundless Philadelphia
- East Falls Development Corporation
- Greater Philadelphia Sustainable Business Network
- Kiko's House
- Mere Cat
- Our Green Cities
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia Bicycle News
- Philadelphia is My Home
- Philly Future
- Pound for Pound
- The Next American City
- The Tattered Coat
- Young Philly Politics
- ► 2007 (110)
- ► 2006 (196)
- Saidel for Mayor?
- The Southwest Effect
- New Managing Director Named
- Twice a Week Trash Pickup to End for Mayor Street'...
- Innovative School Donation Program
- Caesars Bets on Slots License
- Ft. Knox for Mayor?
- Philadelphia: #1 on MLK Day
- First Mayoral Straw Poll Puts Councilman Nutter in...
- Selling Naming Rights at SEPTA Stations?
- Wachovia Complex: #1 in the Planet for Ticket Sales
- Seth Williams to Challenge Incumbent Philly DA
- Philadelphia International Airport Sets Record
- Boulevard to get Red-light Camera
- Kvaerner Starts on First Oil Tanker
- Waterless Urinals!
- Comcast hires Charisse Lillie
- Good Quote
- Boyd Theatre will be Reborn
- CHOP is on Top
- Best Chocolate Found in North Philadelphia
- Philadelphia’s Tallest Building: Coming Soon
- ▼ January (22)