Comporting with City Charter requirements, Jonathan Saidel has coyly declined to run for a fifth term as Controller (see story). He's indicated that he's inclined to take a shot at the Mayor's office. Would he do a good job? Possibly. Would he attract solid talent to help him run the City? Probably. Does he deserve your support? Not clear. As the City's elected watchdog, he hasn't been very proactive during one of City government's most fiscally and ethically challenging periods. That is, his bark has been worse than his bite.
Saturday, January 29, 2005
- A Smoke Filled Room
- Above Average Jane
- Akkam's Razor
- All for the Taking
- Boundless Philadelphia
- East Falls Development Corporation
- Greater Philadelphia Sustainable Business Network
- Kiko's House
- Mere Cat
- Our Green Cities
- Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society
- Philadelphia Bicycle News
- Philadelphia is My Home
- Philly Future
- Pound for Pound
- The Next American City
- The Tattered Coat
- Young Philly Politics
- ► 2007 (110)
- ► 2006 (196)
- Saidel for Mayor?
- The Southwest Effect
- New Managing Director Named
- Twice a Week Trash Pickup to End for Mayor Street'...
- Innovative School Donation Program
- Caesars Bets on Slots License
- Ft. Knox for Mayor?
- Philadelphia: #1 on MLK Day
- First Mayoral Straw Poll Puts Councilman Nutter in...
- Selling Naming Rights at SEPTA Stations?
- Wachovia Complex: #1 in the Planet for Ticket Sale...
- Seth Williams to Challenge Incumbent Philly DA
- Philadelphia International Airport Sets Record
- Boulevard to get Red-light Camera
- Kvaerner Starts on First Oil Tanker
- Waterless Urinals!
- Comcast hires Charisse Lillie
- Good Quote
- Boyd Theatre will be Reborn
- CHOP is on Top
- Best Chocolate Found in North Philadelphia
- Philadelphia’s Tallest Building: Coming Soon
- ▼ January (22)